SEO will continue to be the best way to get traffic to your website.
Ads, social media, email marketing are all great, but SEO gets the most qualified people to your site. Every other method works, but you’re interrupting people with your content.
With SEO, you’re giving people the solution to a problem they have.
If I’m scrolling on Instagram and see a recipe for brownies, I might pay attention and save it for later, but I’m probably not searching for the recipe. I don’t need it right now.
But when I go to Google and search “easy brownie recipe” I get the exact results I want, right when I want the recipe.
Semrush did a survey of marketers and they agreed that organic search and SEO was the most effective source of traffic.
Here are 24 easy tips that will improve your website and help you get more of the right people to your website.
1. Set clear goals for your website
The first thing you need to do is decide what you want to achieve.
- Who do you want to reach?
- What stage of awareness are they at? Are they aware that your business and products exist? Are they comparing your company to others? Are they ready to make a buying decision?
- What action do you want them to take? Read another article? Join your email list? Book a call?
2. Go on podcasts
Podcasts are booming right now, and everyone is looking for interesting guests to have on their podcast. If you’re a subject matter expert, this is a great opportunity.
You might spend ~4 hours with outreach, prep, and doing the show.
The SEO benefit is you get a backlink and build your authority on the topic.
3. Create social media profiles
Just about every business has social media profiles — even if they don’t post often. It’s odd to visit a website and not see social icons.